Sunday, March 27, 2016

Pera-Pina

A juice drink with the leftover pineapple rinds and rice. That's right, the outside part that you cut off and the core also. All the stuff you usually throw anyway. It's kind of like a pineapple horchata I found this recipe online that is similar:


She didn't measure anything. The only part we threw away was the top part with the green leaves part on it. We washed all of the leftover pineapple pieces and  put them in my biggest pot and then filled it up with water. She added about a teaspoon of salt and probably 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon. We only added 1/4 cup of rice. Then we boiled it until the rice was soft and falling apart. After that, you let the whole mixture cool.  I put mine in the refrigerator overnight. Then you run the entire thing, peels and all, through the blender and strain it to get the juice. I strained my twice. Then I added 3 tsp. vanilla and 3/4 cup of sugar. The sugar depends on how sweet the pineapple is and how sweet you like your drinks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment