Friday, February 25, 2011

Cooking Group 2011

After our first cooking group meeting we have come to the conclustion to continue our cooking group. We will continue to meet the 4th Thursday at 6:30. Here are the differences: I have posted the dates for every month for the rest of the year on the right of the blog posts. Take a look and see if there is a time you would like to host. The months we have people sign up, we will have a cooking group. If no one signs up, we will just not meet that month and wait until the next time. We talked about how some people like to to teach and share what they know were others would be more comfortable with a potluck. So here's the cmopromise: when you sign up to host you can do one of two options:

1. Host at your home, pick the theme and prepare/demo. your favorite meal. This can be as simple or as complex as you want. Don't feel like you have to have a bunch of recipes. It could be as simple as your families favorite meal! (attendies will pay $3 to help cover the cost of food)

2. Host at your home, you pick a theme for a potluck and everyone signs up to bring a part of the meal.

Our hope is this will make it easier to host and give us a good variety. Please e-mail me if you would like me to add you to the schedule or simply comment below. Thanks ladies, I am looking forward to a year of yummy food and time with some wonderful friends!!

2 comments:

  1. Shauna, sign me up for October 27th and I will demo double dipped caramel apples.
    Thanks again for last night, your simple meal was still Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do May 26th. Not sure what I'll do yet. I'll let you know. -Melissa

    ReplyDelete