Sunday, October 20, 2013

Honey Citrus Vinaigrette with Quinoa

For the one I kind of made up, 
I usually cook a cup of quinoa (follow the recipe on the bag) and it's more than enough for our family for dinner. Then I let it cool in the fridge. I used the honey citrus vinaigrette recipe from Our Best Bites Honey-Citrus Vinaigrette | Our Best BitesOur Best Bites but I don't add the onion. Mix it in with the quinoa and add as much romaine lettuce, avocados, strawberries, feta cheese, and candied pecans as you want. Sometimes I add mangos. 

Honey-Citrus Vinaigrette
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 T grated onion
1/3 C fresh orange juice
3T fre
sh lime juice
2T honey
3/4 t cumin

1/2 t salt
1/4 t ground black pepper
1/2 C vegetable oil 


3. Place all ingredients in a tightly sealed jar and shake your bootie (and the jar) vigorously. Store in the fridge, and shake before dressing salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment