Monday, October 26, 2009

Triple Chocolate Mess (crockpot)

1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 small box chocolate instant pudding
2 cups sour cream
1 small bag chocolate chips
¾ cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 cup water

Grease crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. Mix all ingredients until smooth and pour into crockpot. Cook on low for 5 to 7 hours. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Some notes on this recipe: I have the same recipe in another book that calls for 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup chocolate chips. I made it with less sour cream and cooked about six hours the first time. It was very cake like. I like it better a little less cooked and more moist so I add the two cups sour cream and bake closer to 5 hours. Also, the other recipe notes to mix by hand and not with a mixer. I don’t know why.

(compliments of Melissa)

No comments:

Post a Comment